Two in One...


Today I am sharing a card I made for 2 different challenges.  I don't think I have done two at once before; I have enough trouble keeping track of them one at a time.  This card just came together in such a way that it worked for both.

The first challenge is Sketchbook Saturday #109:

The second challenge is a new (to me) one that I came across recently, it is the House of Cards challenge. They do an interesting take on challenges.  Apparently they use the same color/photo inspiration for an entire month but have you make different types of cards each week.  
Here is the current inspiration:
 
color nature

 So this week the challenge is to make a clean and simple (CAS) card.  Next week using the same photo will be Shabby & Chic and then a different type each week.  I think this may be a bit challenging for me as I have never really been able to classify my style in scrap-booking and/or card-making.  The closest I can come to classifying it is calling it eclectic; I am really all over the place.

Anyway, here is my card:
 
I am not really sure this qualifies as CAS with that big flower on it.  I think this is a close as I can get though, I have a really hard time with one layer cards.


I have made several flowers in the past with this technique on the flower.  I take a plain white cardstock and spray the heck out of it with various mists.  I love the depth it adds to the colors.

I have a large variety of different brands of spray mist and most of them drive me crazy.  On almost all of them the spray pump leaks like crazy when I push on it.  It drips all over and stains my hands.  Some are much worse than others but I have, in general, just not been happy with any of them.  I recently purchased my first from Lindy's Stamp Gang.  I have to tell you these are top notch.  Not only is the product incredible but they spray beautifully.  They even have matching embossing powder for a lot of the colors.  The Starbursts that I bought are super glimmery.  LSG  will also provide free replacement spray tops if necessary.  Interestingly, the bottles come with only the powder in them and you add your own hot water.  I imagine this saves considerably on shipping costs but also prevents any spills during shipping.

I am in no way affiliated with them, have only purchased once, but planning on eventually replacing all my spray mists with theirs and trying out the EP.  Seems like they may have sales quite often; I have seen two in the last couple of weeks.  Yay!


 Have fun!
Ang



Comments

Anita said…
This is a gorgeous card, love the poppy. Thanks for playing with us at House of Cards.
Rosmarie said…
Gorgeous, gorgeous card! I love the big flower and these bright coulors!
Thanks for sharing with us this week at HOC C&S Challenge.

I'm looking forward to your next creation!
Rosi x
Tammy said…
Fabulous CAS card Angela, I love that flower! Thanks for joining us at HOC this week!
Tammy x
Mynn xx said…
I totally think this is CAS! AND it's amazing!!! LOVE that gorgeous bloom and the fun black and white patterns in the corner! HUGS and thanks for joining us at HOC--hope you join in again soon! :) Mynn xx
Vannessa said…
This is gorgeous and such a fabulous sketch too. Love your shimmery flower as well. Thanks for joining in the HOC Challenge this week.

Hugs, Vannessa
HOC DT
Donna Nuce said…
Love the big bright flower on this card. You eclectic style will fit right in with us at House of Cards. Thanks for joining us.
Tara Cardwell said…
It's perfectly CAS Ang - one big bold embelishment works fabulously and it's a great use of our trigger image! Thanks so much for joining us at House of Cards.
Tara
HOC CAS DT
Vicki Dutcher said…
Great job with the sketch - awesome flower! Thanks for joining in with HOC!
sue t. said…
What an awesome card! Great job with the flower! Thanks for joining us at HOC this week!
Nancy Seed said…
Always a great thing when you can combine two challenges in one. Love your take on the sketch and thanks for using the colours at HOC C&S.
Absolutely gorgeous, love this grunged-up flower!