I have been wanting to try
making these organza flowers for a while. I have seen them on several different blogs and think they are gorgeous.
I finally went to Joann's and bought some organza. I tried die cutting the flowers first, but that didn't work so well. I then just cut out different size circles. Each of these is five layers. I had read somewhere about burning the edges, which I did. It makes the edges a little darker and on the blue and green they actually curled up a little. I dropped a blob of liquid, clear drying glue, in the center and added seed beads. The glue is holding them together slightly, but I think next time I will give them a couple of stitches in the center before I add the beads to hold them more securely.
I think I may use the blue and green in my first Counterfeit Kit project.
Thanks to everyone who has provided, and continues to provide tutorials, videos and information for making great stuff like this.
You are my crafting heroes.
Thanks for visiting.
See you soon,