More Challenges



Hi there,
I snuck in a little more crafting time to make a card to participate in 2 challenges today.
The first challenge is Simon Says Monday Challenge.
They asked that we use tissue paper.

The second challenge is Seize the Sketch #10.
Here is the inspiration sketch:
 And, here is my card:
 When I saw the tissue challenge, I remembered a technique I had learned a while back.  It is either called faux linen or faux silk?  Basically you stamp onto tissue, crinkle it up and then glue it to card-stock.  The secret is not to smooth it out too much when you adhere it to the card-stock.
 A few flags and stars and we are all set.
I am back to gift making tomorrow so may go missing for a couple of days.  

Thanks for visiting,
Ang

Comments

Wow! You absolutely nailed our challenge theme! I was totally in awe of this tissue paper technique you used and have never seen anything quite like it. It is so unique and it's perfect for your piece. Thanks for inspiring me to look at tissue paper in a whole new way! I'm so glad you shared this with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!
Anonymous said…
Wow, Ang ... I couldn't come up with an idea for this challenge at all, but you nailed it! This is so clever, the tissue is so textury ... perfect with the image! The banner with stars is just the right finishing touch! Anita :)
Sherry Eckblad said…
Fun card, love the banners with the stars.
Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!
Allison Cope said…
Gorgeous Angela! And you used one of my favourite stamps! Love this technique - cool texture and distressing!
Candy C said…
Huge congrats on being selected to be one of our featured artists on our Designer Spotlight. Your tissue challenge piece is amazing! <3 Candy