Just for Fun

Hi Again,

I wanted to share something I made over the last couple of weeks.  
It wasn't  for any challenges, just for the fun of it.

The entryway in my house has a small mirrored coat rack in it.  
I have made a couple of small garlands to hang on it over the last couple of years. 
I really like making them, they are only about 36" long 
and can be made on a much smaller scale than a larger garland might be.
Here is my latest.

I was originally inspired by the beautiful California poppies that covered Mt. Diablo back in late spring.  We had taken a drive up the mountain and the poppies were everywhere.  I wish I had taken a picture.
I was inspired to come home and make some flowers.  I wasn't sure originally what I was going to do with them except I knew they would be for a new garland.
I had purchased these little burlap bags a while back.  
Again, I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, just knew I had to have them.  
Sometimes, that bad habit of mine pays off.

I painted a couple of the bags with stencils, added some leaves and ribbon.


I love how this came out.

Thanks for stopping by.

Ang

Comments