Monday, August 25, 2014

House of Cards - August

Hi there,
It is my turn to share over at the HOC challenge.  
Here is the sketch:
The challenge is for a card, but once my creativity started flowing, 
I had to make a little wall hanging.
(I made a card too, see below)
I had colored these images, with Copics, a couple of days ago.  I was planning on using them to create a set of cards.  An idea popped into my head for the wall hanging and there was no going back.
It is about 5" by 7".
I covered the images in crackle paint.
The layers from the sketch are done in burlap and vellum.  
I love the heavy weight of the SU vellum.
 
and added some beads to the hanging cord
I usually give away, as gifts, the things I make but I think this one is a keeper.  

Now, my card:
My girlfriend asked me to make a wedding card for her to send to her cousin. 
We had no color scheme or anything to go with, so I went pretty simple.
Sparkly paper from SU and some gorgeous Authentique paper.
A simple sentiment on the inside.  Voila!
Thanks for visiting!
Ang

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Ang, these are awesome! LOVE the fun colors you used on the project and the softness of the card! Fabulous! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Rocky said...

Love the wall hanging, nice to see something different. The card is really pretty, great colours.

Monika Reeck said...

I love the flowers your coloring with the same color of the frame really lovely wall hanging and great using the sketch ANG...may I ask you is it you that your mom come from Malaysia...If I am wrong so sorryyyyyy and I love the softenes of your card ...adorable DP you choose...hugs, Monika DT member HOC at Fun and cute team..

Monika Reeck said...

Opps I made a mistake the other ANG is Mrs Duck her mom is FROM Malaysia...now I correct my failure, happy sunday and I hope to see you on my blog soon ...hugs, Monika