Don't let yourself be fooled...

by this cute little Teacup Stack die from Poppy Stamps  
Image result for teacup stack die poppy stamps 
 Don't get me wrong, I love it but it is a little tough to work with.

Let me backup a little.

When I saw the CASology Challenge #109  key word was Java, I couldn't resist participating.
I love, love, love coffee and coffee themed stamps sets.  I think I may own almost all of them out there.

So I decided top use my new die.  This die begs to be paper pieced.  Once you cut it out some of the little pieces are very thin and do not handle gluing well.  I wanted to layer several cuts to make a thinker stack and gluing them together was torture.  I thought about using my Zyron, but the thought of all the little glue boogers turned me off to that idea.  I think my final piece is about my 15th attempt with this die.  I tried everything, paper piecing, coloring pieces with pens, coloring with Copic's; it was a mess.

I am still not thrilled with the way I lined up the layers of the dies, 
but I knew this was a good as it was going to get.
 Overall, I am pretty happy with the card itself.  
I have the hardest time keeping things CAS.  
This style has to be the most challenging for me.
 The cute little sentiment is from a Purple Onion set I have.
I added some glossy accents to the colored sections.
Thanks for stopping by!
Ang

Comments

Jen W. said…
Glad you didn't give up because I love your card! The Glossy Accents are an awesome touch! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!
Joyce said…
This is really fabulous, and caught my eye in the gallery right away. Good thing you kept with it, because the way you put colors into those cups is just fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.
rkdwlr88 said…
So beatiful~~~^^
Stunnig card~~
Sarah G said…
Love your design and glad you persevered with that die cut! The stacked cups look great and the design is lovely and CAS :)
Judy1223 said…
Yes, sometimes the more intricate the design on the die is, the harder it is to play with! So glad you stuck with it, your card is lovely! I love that dry embossed border, too...very cute touch. A wonderfully CAS card...from one coffee lover to another! Thanks for joining us at CASology!