House of Cards May Challenge

Hi All,
It is time, once again, for my part in the House of Cards monthly challenge.
Check out this beautiful inspiration photo:
This is a gorgeous shot, but I gotta tell you, these colors are hard for me.  Yellow is my least favorite color to work with.  Purple pulls up a close second.  
I was struck by the kind of ethereal quality of the photo, with the blurred background.  Tried to go with that.
Between coloring the bird and getting the splats right, I think it took about 5 tries.  I colored the bird on the back of vellum and smudged it about 5 times.  
I am not patient when it comes to waiting for things to dry.
So, here is my card:

 Even as I was putting my last version together (having waited for everything to dry) I was sure it wasn't going to work.  But, once I got the vellum leaves down, I really started to like it.
 
I added dots of Stickels in ice and pink.  A cheery sentiment and antique button finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to head over to HOC to see what else the DT has come up with for inspiration.
Thanks
Ang

Comments

Mynn xx said…
This is FABULOUS, Ang!!! LOVE the layered vellum leaves and I adore the splatters, too! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx
Crafty Judith said…
ah bless really adorable card hun hugs Judith GDT x
Hi Ang - fabulous card - like your delicate vellum branches and cool splatters! Have a great week, Cornelia
Pia S said…
I think you've made a beautiful card, Ang! I love the look of the splatters and the vellum leaves! Everything on this card works so well together.
Deepti said…
This is so pretty :) love the vellum leaves :)