First: a HUGE thank you...



to Tara and Deborah at Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge Blog.  They, so kindly, gave me a special mention on the winners page from their last challenge (scroll to the bottom).  I am very honored.

On to the next challenge, #4.  Luckily for me, it is a sketch this time:


 I hope you all like the Funky flowers set as much as I do, 
cause I'm using it again:
 A couple of notes on this one.  
I do not have a fancy photography set up, nor a fancy camera.  I basically stand the cards on my desk, turn on my very old desk lamp (from the 60s, I think), turn off my flash and shoot away.  
So, first off, the band across the center looks brownish in the photo.  It is not brown at all; it is actually a pewter color.  Very similar to the Pewter SU embossing powder (love this stuff) that I used on the flower centers and around the larger oval.  I really like how the edge of the oval came out.  I new it needed a little something.  I just rolled the edges on my Versamark pad.


Secondly, the pearls actually match the stamped flowers almost perfectly and 
do not look garish at all in real life.
A small SU banner sentiment and die finish it off.

Thanks

Ang

Comments

Deborah Frings said…
Wow! I really like the embossed background, the touch of embossing around the oval and those flowers look super! So pleased that you joined us again at Waltzingmouse Fanatics! Hope to see you again soon.
Tara Cardwell said…
Wow another superb card Ang. I really love how you've embossed the shaped strip of card with the background, that's a really effective technique. I'll never tire of funky flowers it's one of my favourite sets too!
Thanks for your support of the Fanatics challenge!
Tara
Sarah G said…
Very elegant - love the colour combo and the dimension from the embossing!