Like I Need Another Hobby!

Can you guess what it is?   More on that in a moment.

My new job is going so incredibly well that I am working non stop.  It is a super busy time for them and I have been working 9 and 10 hour days.  Believe me, I am not complaining.  I love it and the people I work with are fantastic.  The only down side is that I am so busy and exhausted that I have hardly any time to do any browsing on the computer.  I miss it and I miss seeing everyone's blogs and creations.

Now on to my title.  On top of everything, I am taking a quilting class.  I have been sewing all my life but never made a quilt before.  My girlfriend asked me to take this quilting class with her.  When I saw the quilt, there was no way I could pass it up.  It is actually a Halloween wall hanging.  I have always been partial to Halloween.  Maybe the fact that my birthday is the next day has something to do with that.  

Anyway, the quilt is super cute.  It is pretty simple as quilts go (I think).  It is squares in the background and  an appliqued witch and other things on top of the squares.  The witch is what hooked me.  She is really cool.  There is no picture on line so you will have to, unfortunately, wait till I am done to see her.  The background is squares, which I finished sewing today:
Don't look too closely, my corners are far from perfect.  But since it is my first quilt and I am far from a perfectionist, it is perfect to me.  Here is the pattern for the witch that will go on top.  
I just love her.
I have all kinds of fun fabrics and ideas for her.  Since it is going to be a wall hanging, some of my scrapbooking embellishments may end up on her.  I have some ideas brewing. We are going to be silk screening part of her too.  Never done that either.
This is not an original design of mine, provided by our instructor.  I think she copied it from a fabric.


I have a box arriving from PTI tomorrow.  I will have to play with them right away so I hope to be back soon. 

Thanks for visiting,
Ang

Comments

What a gorgeous quilt. Looks like you used a variety of halloween fabrics. That witch is adorable. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Karen C. said…
Looks like a really fun quilt. Can't wait to see the finished wall hanging.
Joyce said…
Very fun. And, of course you need a new hobby! And you can start collecting fabric now. That quilt looks great. Looking forward to progress updates.
Jen Adcock said…
You so do. Especially when one is as great at it as you are. How cool! I have never ever seen a Halloween quilt before. Super awesome!
Elena said…
wow! looks awesome!
Leigh Penner said…
How fun! I have two quilts to finish for Christmas...both are for my boys. After I made a quilt for my daughter for Christmas last year, they both said they wanted one, too.
With discovering Papertrey Ink in the spring, those got put on hold. Thanks for the reminder to get working on them again!
Theresa Cook said…
Heello nice post