PTI Make it Monday #8

Hi Everyone,
I have a card to share today that I made for PTI's weekly Make it Monday challenge. 
This weeks challenge was to apply ink with something other than a stamp and to use ink blending techniques. I started by blending my inks with a sponge on white paper.  I then die cut the doily die from the blended paper.  I stamped my new Newsprint background in vintage cream to the entire card front.  I wanted it to be very subtle.  I embossed the steam onto the doily with shimmery embossing powder.  For the sentiment, I used some old Justright stamps to create the first part "sending you a cup of" and the "sunshine" is from an old CTMH set I have.  I also used Warm Happiness stamps and die, Fillable Frames 4 and the little flower on the cup is from Tag Its 2. 



 
Thanks for visiting.
See you soon,
Ang

Comments

Terri said…
Very nice. Love how the steam looks on the doily. Great job with the color blending too.
Anonymous said…
Adorable! I love the way this turned out! The background goes so great with the coffee mug and I love how subtle it is. Beautiful card!
Karen C. said…
This is such a warm sunny card. the glittery 'steam' is a great touch!!
Meg said…
What a cheery card! I love the inked doily "sun" especially with that embossed steam. Your hodge-podged sentiment looks great; the "sunshine" font is fantastic. Loving it all!